With his 40 years experience and knowledge in pharmaceutical and chemical industry at different levels and positions like Director, Chairman & Managing Director, as well as Past-President of Indian Drug Manufacturers' Association, Dr.Gopakumar G. Nair had opportunity to familiarize himself with GATT, WTO, TRIPs and other IP laws over the years. It is with this wealth of experience that Dr. Nair became an IP/Patent practitioner under the name Gopakumar Nair Associates.
Ably supported by young and vibrant associates, Gopakumar Nair Associates have now become a leading IP/Patent Attorney firm in India with very large clientele and large patent filings and prosecution both in India and overseas through a network of associates.
- LLB Mumbai University (2008)
- M.Sc.( Organic Chem.), Sagar University (1962)
- Ph.D (Org. Chem.), National Chemical Laboratory, Pune University (1967)
- Diploma in Management, Jamnalal Bajaj, Mumbai University (1974)
- Diploma in Patent Law & Practice (D.P.L.P.), Institute of Intellectual Property Studies (2001)
- Patent agent-regd.(2001)
- Trademark agent-regd.(2001)
- Gopakumar Nair Associates (Patent & Trademark Attorneys IPR Consultants & Legal Advisors)
- GNA Patent Gurukul® (IP/ Patent Training Institute)
- Honrary Chairman, GNAnLex Hermeneutics Pvt. Ltd. (LPO/ KPO)
Positions at Indian Drug Manufacturers' Association (IDMA)
- Past President - IDMA
- Former Chairman - IPR Committee - IDMA
- Vice-Chairman, Publication Committee, IDMA(Indian Drugs; IDMA Bulletin)
Current Industry Positions
- Independent and Honorary Director, Ultramarine & Pigments Ltd.
- Independent and Honorary Director, Alivira Animal Health Ltd.
- Independent and Honorary Director, Sequent Scientific Ltd.
- Advisor (IPR), IPCA Laboratories Ltd.
- Advisor (IPR), Strides Arcolab Ltd.
- Advisor (IPR), Ind-Swift Labs Ltd.
- Advisor (IPR), FDC Ltd.
- Advisor (IPR), Pharmexcil
- Consultant (IPR), National Chemical Labs (NCL), CSIR.
Dr. Nair is a member of the Editorial Board of a number of publications
- Indian Drugs (Editor)
- IDMA Bulletin (Editor)
- BDMA Newsletter (Past Editor-in-chief)
- Indian Express's Express Pharma Pulse
- (Advisory Committee Member) New Media Communication Private Limited & Pharmaquest.biz
- (Advisory Committee Member) Biopharmalife (Mecorp Media and Events Private Limited)
Community Services (Registered Public Trusts & Non-profit Organisations)
- Honorary Chairman - CIPROM (Centre for Intellectual Property Management)
- President - Bharat Education Society
Karthika High School & Junior College
Vivek High School & Junior College
Matheran Valley Educational Project
Other Past positions held
- Ex-Dean, Institute of Intellectual Property Studies (IIPS), Hyderabad
- Ex-Advisor, Bulk Drug Manufacturers' Association (BDMA), Hyderabad
- Earlier Consultant, Nisiet (An organisation of the Ministry of Small Scale Industries), Hyderabad
- CII Committee Member - National Committee on IPR and National Committee on Drugs and Pharmaceuticals
- Technical Board Member, Chembiotek Research International, Kolkata
- Ex-Chairman & Managing Director, Bombay Drugs & Pharmas Ltd.
- Past President of Karthika Nair Memorial Rehabilitation Centre for Disabled & Handicapped.
- Past President of Karthika Nair Smarak Samithi (Charitable Trust), Mumbai.
- Past Chairman of BDH Industries Ltd.
Export Promotion and other International areas
Ex-Chairman, Pharma Panel (Panel-1) of CHEMEXCIL (Export Promotion Council)
Dr. Nair represented Indian Chemical Industry at the 11th World Chemical Session (Tripartite conference) at the I.L.O. in Geneva in 1994. As a member / leader of export promotion teams , Dr. Nair has traveled round the globe to promote exports of Chemexcil's range of products.
As a WHO (NORA funded) expert team member, for the study of export potential of Indian Phytochemicals Dr. Nair has visited US, Europe and Japan for 3 months. Dr. Nair was a member of the Sixth, Seventh, Eighth, and Ninth Five Year Plan committees/ sub-committees. He has also contributed to various National programmes and committees
Dr. Nair has traveled worldwide on Business and Government delegations and for Trade promotion.
Patents and Publications
Dr. Nair has been an inventor (Indian granted patent no. IN188860) and has hundreds of publications to his credit in popular technical and scientific magazines.